Thursday 25 October 2012

Snails!

Another Halloween recipe test.


This was from the Vegetarian Society website and it seemed like a cool-looking idea. Slimy snails full of slimy stuff.


I don't like a bunch of the ingredients so I left them out in my test, and I wasn't really excited about the flavour. I guess that's what you get for messing with recipes! So I can't vouch for whether it would be good as intended or not. I guess you'd have to like gherkins, coriander and spring onions to find out!


But visually, super awesome.


And texturally, yucky! Slimy and weird.

3 comments:

  1. I like gherkins, coriander and spring onion, so I'll have to try these in the unchanged version.

    they do look amazingly slimy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't find the large pasta anywhere in the wilds of Wrexham (though I didn't try Tesco on principle), so will now have to wait to try them out. I didn't think they would look as good in conchiglietti :-) Mum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess you could do mini-snails but that's a lot of work! I was hoping to find something bigger actually, but they did turn out ok.

      Delete