Tuesday 9 October 2012

Hat Makeovers - Meet the contestants

I wanted to post once a day in October to keep myself motivated, but then last night a cold hit me again, so today I've done nothing.

So I'm going to talk about some plans. I love planning when I'm too sick or lazy to do real stuff. Actually I have done a bit of this already, but I feel too sick even to try to take photos of stuff.

I've been dabbling in millinery, mostly costume, for some years now, and I love some of the stuff I've made. Other things, not so much. And they sit around my house taking up space because they took up time and effort and I don't want to get rid of them. So it's time for some makeovers. I'm going to re-imagine these hats in an attempt to make them wearable, in the hope that someone will want them and I can finally get rid of them. Here are some of the candidates:

These first two, I've actually already had a go at, and you'll see the results soon:


These ones are definite contenders:




These ones I am not sure of. They may or may not fall under the knife:





That's just the ones I could find photos of. There may be more. Maybe some of my bought hats as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment