Sunday 26 August 2012

Pinterest Progress - Pumpkin

I pinned this fabric pumkpin tutorial that was adapted from a Martha Stewart magazine tutorial or something. I mostly only pinned it because I wanted a pumpkin to write "boo" in buttons on, like another pin.

I went searching for the right fabric in my stash and all this laundry was in the way! Then I looked at the laundry, looked at the old tea towel with the spots in one corner, and my problem was solved!
So I turned this:


Into this:


Of course now it is too small and maybe too bumpy for the original idea.

This was a very detailed tutorial. She explains as though you have close to zero sewing experience, which is pretty awesome, because it is easy to skim over bits you already know, compared to having too-vague tutorials that leave you confused mid-project.

It was pretty simple to make but not as neat as I like things to be ideally, and I can see why Martha originally used thread to create the shape, because I used string and it was really difficult. The tutorial used knitting wool but I don't have any, short of taking apart my "Wrap with Love" monstrosity. I tried ribbon first and failed completely at that.

I think I'll give it another go because I did find some other possible fabrics, but I'd also like to find another pumpkin pattern to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment