Monday 20 August 2012

My second ethical purchase: urbanearthwear

The ethical fashion journey continued, and I satisfied some wardrobe needs by an op-shop tour of the Central West of NSW. Jumper, jeans, knit vest (the latter is essential if you are a maths teacher).

But I ventured back to new for my next need: underwear. Happily, I found urbanearthwear.


The positives:
  • organic cotton
  • made in Australia
  • made by an Ethical Clothing Australia accredited manufacturer
  • environmentally friendly dyestuffs
  • the website goes into great detail about each part of the process and product so you can see that each element has been carefully thought out
  • minimal packaging - mine arrived tied up with a strip of scrap fabric - no plastic at all! This made me SO happy.
I was really pleased with all the details - especially the packaging. It felt like the ethical considerations were taken into account at every step. Also I love the undies! They are comfy and sit well. I found it funny at first, because they looked like something I could make, but I like that about them, and I find a nicely sewn edge is more comfy than whatever elasticated trimmy edges you get on standard undies. I will be a return customer. Many times, probably.

No comments:

Post a Comment