Wednesday 5 December 2012

An Elephant

I've mentioned Abby Glassenburg a lot, because she has a fabulous blog full of many great things, particularly advice on learning to design your own soft toys. She also sells her soft toy patterns and I've had my eye particularly on the Lovey Doveys for a while.

I told myself rather firmly that I couldn't buy this pattern unless I had a target in mind, and I just don't know anyone with a new baby at the moment!! Then one evening my lovely husband says "My cousin has had her baby." I practically burst with joy. "CAN I MAKE A PRESENT???"


So anyway, I have. The elephant lovey dovey is from Abby's 2nd Edition pattern which includes an elephant, pig, owl and penguin. You can get it from Etsy or Craftsy. (I went with the latter, because you get the pattern immediately rather than waiting for it to be emailed to you. Not that I was in a rush really I just thought that was cool.)


Here it is with some other babies - my little veggie garden. Hmm... something has been eating that lettuce.


It was very hard to get the little tike to sit up for a photo, not having a proper body and all. This was, I feel, an elegant solution.

2 comments:

  1. I can see why you were so eager to make this pattern - so gorgeous! The mint colour is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a very cute pattern. I hope she likes him!

      Delete