Sunday 29 July 2012

Pinterest Progress - Buttons

I've become a bit obsessed with Pinterest, and am in great danger of falling too far into the trap of pinning lots of great ideas that I will never ever try. So both here and on my teaching blog, Jelly Beans and other Tangents, I am endeavouring to try the ideas I pin, blog my success or failure, then remove the pins! Progress!

One thing I desperately want ideas for using is buttons. I have a large tin full of buttons. It came from a jumble sale when I was a child. Some buttons have been used, some added, but the overall rate of change of button quantity has been positive. Sorry, forgot which blog I was on.

First idea: The button Christmas tree ornament.

Very easy to do, if you have the right buttons. I made do with what I had and managed to make two small trees, one with darker greens and one with bluer and paler greens. It took a bit of playing to work out which sizes and shapes and colours worked out best. Also I didn't have a star, but I did have a broken button that has some vaguely star-like qualities. Still need another star-substitute for the second one.

My versions:


It even looks nice in front of my weeds!

No comments:

Post a Comment