Thursday 26 July 2012

An introduction from Rhiannon

I'm Rhiannon, the other half of Jupiter Hollow.  What can you expect in a blog post from me?
  • CRAFTS - I love textile crafts, and will blog about crochet, embroidery, sewing, costuming and other techniques that catch my eye.  I'm currently doing the NSW Embroidery Guild's basic course and some of my assignments might end up here for show and tell.
  • NEAT THINGS FROM THE PAST - I have a strong interest in vintage crafts and food, fed by my historian's training. On occasion I'll try out a recipe or pattern from an old journal or book and share the results here.  Old advertisements, funny anecdotes culled from the Australian Women's Weekly -  all are fair game. I've written on the history of Christmas, and I'd like to bring some of that to a wider audience through this blog. 
  • GEEKY CRAFTS - I'm a roleplayer and so are most of my friends. Those influences often come through in the crafts I make as gifts
  • ETHICAL FASHION - I too have an interest in ethical fashion, so you can expect some posts about that, whether refashioning existing clothes or searching for ethical choices to buy, wardrobe planning or talking about other blogs that are doing cool ethical fashion ideas.
  • REVIEWS  - Any books that I think are relevant to the general interests of the blog - so craft books, sustainable fashion & design, maybe some history of crafts/fashion/food - will get reviewed. I'm planning to review all the relevant books I own and the ones I have access to in local libraries. But I imagine I'll be busy just reviewing new things I buy. 
To give you a sense of the eclectic madness coming from me, here are some photos of past projects which may yet be blogged about if I feel so inclined!





No comments:

Post a Comment