Saturday 1 September 2012

Compost Creature

Through a combination of being really excited about getting a compost bin and having my mind filled with ideas while reading Abby Glasenburg's series Elements of Soft Toy Design (beginning with this post), I decided to make a compost monster.


Originally I planned him to be pom-pom style - just a bunch of fabric sewn together, but in the end he has a solid body and some legs, which I think has turned out nicely.


Drawing a pattern for an apple core was quite weird and unusual, but I like that bit the best.


I had to include some celery. I always hated how much of the celery I would end up throwing out, but now it is a joy knowing it is all going to become soil for my future veggie garden.


As you can see we had quite a little photo shoot. Here he/she is - Master of the compost bin.

I'm gonna go buy more celery.

1 comment:

  1. Master of the Compost Bin - great title for a book!
    Mum

    ReplyDelete