Saturday 9 March 2013

Lord of the Rings Napkins

Sarah gave me a book on making table and bed linen last Christmas. So for her birthday, I really wanted to make something from that book. I made her some napkins with a bound edge.


Sarah is a fan of many things, so there was lots to choose from for a theme, but I wanted to go down the Lord of the Rings road. She hosts nights of watching the movies and likes to have themed stuff then, so I knew these would be used.

Then I had to sift through my Lord of the Rings knowledge. I went with my personal preferences here, because I love the flags and banners and I also love the white horse of Rohan. It's just a great image. So I drew away, cut out a stencil and got to screen printing.


I added the copper details by hand to each one.


Four napkins in total. I was aiming for six but poor estimation of fabric held me back.


A bit of ribbon and care instructions, and they're ready to be wrapped.


One of the test prints turned out well, so I have one spare horse on fabric to make something of. Any ideas?

4 comments: