Monday 25 February 2013

Some Spoonflower Weekly Contest Results

So I didn't think there was a way for me to find out how I went in the Spoonflower weekly contests, unless I came in the top 10. But I've since found that information in the blog posts announcing the winners! So exciting! I didn't totally suck! (I love not totally sucking).

So first up back in August was Pencil Pals.

 

Ranked 51 out of 171 with 165 votes (the winner got 639)

Then we rush straight to the Christmas designs with Secret Present Gift Tags.


Ranked 71 out of 152 with 77 votes (the winner got 468)

Most recently (also for Christmas) was Gingerbread Gentlemen.


199th out of 207 with 44 votes (the winner got 281).

I seem to be getting worse... although the various statistical analyses that suggest themselves to me are just too much effort!

Still, realising that people who don't know me must have actually voted for my designs is quite exciting. I think I might keep an eye on the upcoming contests and try again.

Thanks to all my friends who voted and helped me with ideas and titles.

In other exciting news, someone has bought a fat quarter of pencils pals! My first fabric sale (not including my dad). Awesome.

2 comments:

  1. Knowing your exact results is very cool.
    I was surprised when I went and had a look just how variable the number of votes were on the contests. Some clearly attract way more interest than others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it varies a lot! I was surprised too.

      Delete